- (a) Knowledge – An applicant shall have obtained a minimum of 70% on the written examination Instrument Rating (INRAT) which shall include the following subjects:
- (i) Canadian Aviation Regulations;
- (ii) Instrument Flight Rules and Procedures;
- (iii) Meteorology;
- (iv) Instruments;
- (v) Radio and Radar systems; and
- (vi) Navigation.
- (b) ExperienceAn applicant shall have completed a minimum of:
- (i) 50 hours of cross-country flight as pilot-in-command in aeroplanes or helicopters of which 10 hours must be in the appropriate category; and
- (ii) 40 hours of instrument time of which a maximum of 20 hours may be instrument ground time.
Instrument Rating – Transport Canada – Details