Experience – An applicant for a night rating shall have acquired in aeroplanes a minimum of 20 hours of pilot flight time which shall include a minimum of:
- (i) 10 hours of night flight time including a minimum of:
- (A) 5 hours dual flight time, including 2 hours of cross-country flight time,
- (B) 5 hours solo flight time, including 10 takeoffs, circuits and landings, and
- (ii) 10 hours dual instrument time.
- (iii) Credit for a maximum of five hours of the 10 hours of dual instrument time may be given for instrument ground time, provided that the total instrument time shall be in addition to the 10 hours night flight time in subparagraph (a)(i) above.